Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Nice to meet you all! My name is Monika. I was born and raised in Sweden, in a Polish family, and when I was 20 years old I moved to Los Angeles where I lived for five years. I moved to New York last year. I'm a transfer student and I've been studying at Baruch for a year so far. Lately I've been thinking about changing my major, and I think that our management class will be a very important part of it and a big help in making my decision. 

When I'm not in school, 
I like to explore the city. I've had many great experiences in this amazing city, and I'm looking forward to more. I'm also a musician, Salsa dancer, and I enjoy cooking and traveling, among other things. I am fluent in three languages - English, Swedish, and Polish, and I also speak a little bit of German and Spanish. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You speak alot of languages!

    I used to be a ballet dancer, and I love to go out and salsa!
    Where do you take class/do you ever perform?

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great, where do you usually go out Salsa dancing? I haven't been out dancing for a while now, but when I go out it's usually to various places. I'd love to go sometime soon!
    I started dancing Salsa in LA, and have continued here, although it's a different Salsa style here. In LA, the Salsa is "on 1" and in NY "on 2." What style do you dance?
    I did a little bit of performing in LA but not much. I also used to dance ballet, but that was very long ago.
    Where do you like to go out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a pretty cool background. Ive always thought it would be cool to go and live in a foriegn country and get to know a different culture for a while, dont think id ever get the courage to do it though even moving someplace like NJ seems like itd be too big of a change for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have many gifts. I hope you do great job for the world. I wish I could speak more language like you do!

    ReplyDelete